Monday 13 February 2012

Leg Wear!

Shoes.... A topic close to many a female's heart!

So, what defines shoes as 'sensible'?

Last week I was helping host a Press Launch and knew there would be a lot of standing required. I wanted a look that was still glamorous but that was also practical and so bought what I would term as 'sensible shoes'...

To make up for the fact that I deemed them a little 'frumpy' (ie. only 11cm as opposed to the 'normal' minimum 15cm I would usually wear), I popped out at lunchtime to John Lewis to purchase some elegant legwear:

That's tights to me but, depending where you are reading this, these could also be termed as stockings or pantyhose.

I chose a pair of high-gloss with a seam up the back.

Tone: Nude

Size: One-size fits all

Now the fun really starts! How does one define 'Nude' and 'one-size fits all'?

I am a tall, slim European brunette with a slightly-tanned English skin tone at present. (I say at present as my weight can fluctuate, my skin tone can range from slightly tanned to 'Mancunian orange' and when wearing not-so-sensible footwear I can be over 6 foot in height - thus, deemed rather tall!

So, given all of the above, at the end of the day, how had my last minute purchases fared?

Well, I had a band-aid on my little toe, legs 4 shades lighter than my hands and face and to cap it all, wished I had worn a longer skirt as the crutch of my tights was visible below my hemline!

The moral or this story: One size does clearly not fit all and whilst one woman nude may be white (verging on blue) not all of us are!!!!

As for 'sensible shoes'?? Pah! Since when was I ever practical anyway?????

No comments:

Post a Comment